The program NETZSCH Thermal Simulations allows the simulation of the thermal behavior of different materials. Main applications are simulation of materials containing a high thermal potential and estimation of thermal explosions, as well as estimation of temperature overflow during the curing of epoxy resins.
Considering the heat loss over the surface and thermal conductivity inside the reactor, the following are included in the equation as external boundary conditions:
- reactor type (infinite plate, infinite cylinder, sphere),
- thickness or radius of the reactor,
- initial temperature inside the reactor T,
- ambient temperature Ta as temperature program,
- heat transfer coefficient from the surface into the environment, k,
- thermal conductivity of the material (in dependence on the temperature),
- density of the material (in dependence on the temperature),
- specific heat capacity cv of the material (in dependence on the temperature) and
- reaction heat H.